Your swimming lessons and
Lessons are back, but we must still be careful…
Please read this page for further information on how we will endeavour to keep all customers and staff safe during your lessons going forward.
If you have any questions about lessons and the measures we are taking, please contact Emma at: firstname.lastname@example.org (general enquiries), Rob at: email@example.com (Gunnislake lessons), or Tamsyn at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Looe lessons).
The ‘new normal’ videos
We will share a collection of images and short videos here, and on our Facebook page to help both children and adults understand and prepare for what the ‘new normal’ and ‘new rules’ will be for lessons when you return.
The ‘new normal’ in numbers:
Max. number of lessons in the pool at any time
Max. number pupils in a group lesson
Max. number of parents/carers on poolside
How you can help at lessons
It may have been some time since your child/ren last swam, lots has changed since then and things will be a little different. They may be worried or anxious. Please try to make your little one/s aware of how things will be different, and let our team know if your child/ren appears particularly worried about returning to lessons. Below are a few of the key changes you need to be aware of:
- When you arrive at the pool, there will be new signage to help you find your way. Please ensure you follow the one-way system.
- Please come to the pool ready to swim, in swimwear, or change in the car. The main changing rooms and showers will be out of use at most pools. There are a small number of changing cubicles on poolside at Honicombe Manor that can be used.
- Please wait outside until a few minutes before the lesson start time to avoid congestion around the pool.
- Please use hand sanitiser when you get to the entrance, and wear a mask before entering the building. There will be a member of the Swim4 team on hand to take your temperature before you enter the pool and to give advice.
- Please ensure only one adult per family group is on poolside, and that you remain at least 1m away from other adults and the Swim4 team.
- Please put on any equipment your child needs yourself, the Swim4 team will not be able to assist with goggles, armbands, or back floats.
- To ensure social distancing, teachers may no longer be in the water teaching. For our littlest swimmers, we will endeavor to teach using equipment to maintain distancing. With older and more able swimmers, teachers may be teaching from the poolside. Please make your child/ren aware of this before they attend their lessons.
- When the lesson is finished, please ensure you maintain social distancing, follow the one way system to the exit without using the changing rooms. We are sorry that we have to ask children to leave the pool in swimwear, please bring dressing gown/onesies/towels to keep your child/ren warm until they can safely change at home or in the car. If there is space to do so and you need to change your child on poolside, please ensure they are well covered.
- Toilets will be accessible if absolutely necessary, but please try to avoid using if possible. These will operate on a one-in, one-out basis.
If you have your own back float, swimming floats or noodles/woggles, please name these and bring them with you and take them home when you leave. If you are able to, we recommend using your own equipment instead of our shared kit for the time being.
We will be using the class registers to get in touch with everyone in attendance on a certain day, should we be made aware of the need to contact customers through Track and Trace.
Finally, if you, or anyone you have been in contact with in the 14 days prior to your lesson has tested positively for Covid-19, please DO NOT attend lessons or come to the pool. Please stay at home.